Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"Your 20's are a blur"

Greetings and salutations!

So, I was sitting in my cube today, thinking about things (as I usually do from time to time). All of a sudden, it occurred to me: I spend an inordinate amount of time talking, discussing, lamenting, and pontificating about this time -  this transient, 20-something, post-college period. Now, most of us still need to "figure it all out," despite the fact that college was supposed to offer us enlightenment, stability, Buddha-esque clarity, etc. Well, for most of us, that didn't happen. Why? We were still under the thumbs of our parents. A good number of us were still on their bank accounts. Is that really the best way to "find yourself?" Not hardly. Not when you still have no responsibilities.

So, with that being said, I'd like to think that this blog is for all of those fellow 20-somethings, who are being as introspective as I have seemed to become. Here, we can discuss, and debate, and lament about the state of our lives, and the plight of our generation. Or, we can just post ridiculous YouTube clips. :P The sky is truly the limit! Since I am a big TV nerd, I probably will talk about that industry. Have any funny stories about your job? Send them along/comment here!

So, Twentysomethings, I believe it's time to light this candle. I leave you with this - words of wisdom from Mr. Billy Crystal:



2 comments:

Patti said...

I can't believe I'm almost 25 now. I just keep thinking "damn", because life has changed so much for me.
Truly.
Madly.
Deeply.

Love the video~! I watched it like 5 times through and was rolling.

Stefanie said...

Aw, I miss borrowing your city slickers dvd. After all, we're lost, but we're making good time! And then there's the classy "I crap bigger than you". Great lines, truly.